Amy Edsall's birthday
Well, today's been pretty low-key. I wouldn't even be posting anything if it wasn't for Amy's birthday today. Birthdays are always really fun in our hall because luckily most of the girls are a lot more thoughtful than I am. I seem to have inherited my mom's difficulties with social occassions and I really don't think that's spelled right but I'm too lazy to check it. Anyhow, we usually have some sort of dessert item and some variation of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey down in the basement and it's great fun. This time it was pin the "noob" (nub, Smoore has pronunciation problems) on the elk. Don't ask. Anyhow, it was pretty crazy, as is usual with those girls and I thought it was worth making a note of although now I realize this is quite boring.
Other than that today was the last regular session of Ear Training II... Great sadness. Thursday is our final, I did well on my math test... Ummmm... I got started on my transcription assignment for Ear Training. That was kind of fun. Let's see, interesting things DID happen today.
Keiley was talking on her cell phone and she randomly asked me how far it was from Post Falls to here. I estimated about 45 minutes. Then she decided that it would be better if I just told whoever was on her phone directly I guess because she handed it to me. So what do I do? So intelligently say "I don't even know who this is" over the phone! "It's my grandma," Keiley informs me. Thank you Keiley, you could have told me that before I made an idiot out of myself. Oh well that's a pretty common occurrance. That's also not spelled right. Occurrence? Occurence? It's too late to be doing this. "Hello Keiley's grandma," I said. Wow. Luckily Keiley's grandma has a sense of humor.
Speaking of Keiley, I went to a choreography recital type thing (I don't know what you'd call it) that she was in and it was very good. Good job Keiley! I'm going to miss her next year but then, I'll miss everybody. *wistful sigh*
*random fact* My roommate loses some depth perception when she takes out her contacts and she runs into things.
Oh, please watch this. I think it's funny. Hmmm, random. Okay well I'm going to stop writing now because it is late and I need to go to bed so I can get up early and do the practicing I didnt' do today. That's the thing about practicing, you can't put it off. There's no way to "cram" for a lesson. It just doesn't work that way and it really makes it difficult for people like me who don't manage their time well.



1 comment:
"That's the thing about practicing, you can't put it off. There's no way to "cram" for a lesson."
So true. And if you try, your teacher knows, and punishes you with her cold silences...
Post a Comment