Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Survived Tuesday (barely)

Well, I've made it through probably my worst day so that's good. It's not exactly downhill from here but I think I'll make it through the week.

Things have been pretty crazy. Last night the BJ boys decided to be crazy and revisit Traditiation. I will have to make a post about Traditiation to explain. Suffice it to say they ran around yelling various chant/cheer things and it was quite exciting.

So I got up at 6:30 today after staying up until 1:30 because I had my Finite Math final to study for. Finite Math has been TERRIBLE. It's supposed to be the easiest math class you can take but the prof I got has this inherent ability to make it as hard as possible. At first it was pretty simple but I definitely didn't think it would take as much work as it has. I even failed a test, which sounds really bad, but apparently our lowest test grade is replaced by our final, and know I at least passed the final so I'm no longer concerned. I was pretty freaked out when I first got it back though. I thought I would have to drop the class and take it again! But I did make it. So I studied for that until noon and then I went to take my final.

Technically it wasn't supposed to start until 1:00 and finish at 3:00, which is how long class usually is, but we discovered beforehand that there were twice as many questions as usual and we would have to complete it in the same amount of time! So some of the class asked if they could come early and I'm really glad I came early. It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes... I was so brain-dead, but I feel pretty good about it. THe important thing is that IT'S OVER!!! My day wasn't though. I had a 3 page history paper due at 5:00 that I'd only finished the pre-writing for and it was 2:45. I could not focus though so I went to Saga and scarfed down a bowl of cereal before heading to the library where I proceeded to pound out not 3 but 4 pages on Wu Chao and Hildegard of Bingen. They're both quite fascinating really, you should look them up. Wu Chao went from being a concubine to being the first and only female "emperor" of China and Hildegard was a nun who was a leading philosopher, scientist, and excellent composer in the Middle Ages. I'm actually quite pleased with what I managed to hammer out in 2 hours and I think it will get me by, but my day wasn't over yet.

I went to Lindaman to turn in my paper because that's where the assignment sheet said to go only to find that the assignment sheet was wrong and I really needed to go to Weyerhaeuser!

Jim Hunt is in Weyerhaeuser and has been for two years...
~The kind lady at Lindaman who was getting tired of redirecting us poor history students.

Well by this time it was almost 5:00 and so when I got to Weyerhaeuser it was 5:02 and everything was closed up... It was quite sad. However I feel pretty confident he'll take my paper since I would have had it in on time if I had simply gone to the right building first. I wrote him a lengthy and verbose email explaining my situation so hopefully he'll be sympathetic. After all, it was his mistake.

So after being disappointed in my valient efforts to turn in that paper on time I ran to the last Jenkins East hall dinner of the year... :-( Then I came back to my room and fell asleep for a bit. I was exhausted. But around 9:30 we had a little fun revisiting Traditiation ourselves. We ran around campus cheering and ended up rolling down a hill, getting sprayed with shaving cream, singing songs and generally having a good time. It was a nice break.

So that was my day. I should go study now. I will be sure to post that post on Traditiation ASAP. 3 more days!

No comments: