Okay, so Maybe Not...
Well, I just got back from jazz juries and I no longer feel like the worst jazz piano student ever. I did alright. And I feel like I've put good effort into my performance so that's good. Now if I can just get through 2 papers and study for my Finite Math final tomorrow I'll be golden. That's not to say I'm not concerned about classical juries coming up, I just feel like at least I didn't blow this one thing. Brent even said it went well so I'll take his word for it. There were spots that could have been better but I was definitely familiar with the chord progression. Anyhow, that's good news. I've lived through Monday!!!!!!! 4 more days to go!
I hate Ear Training!~Me to my Ear Training prof/jazz instructor Brent. Apparently it kind of hurt his feelings he says but I wasn't trying to insult him and really I wasn't being entirely truthful. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you I love Ear Training, it's amazing! I just wasn't too happy I about the Sight Singing exam at the moment. It's kind of embarrassing when it's just you and the prof and you have to sing accapella... I don't even really hate sight singing, I like to sing, I just don't being graded on it. Anyhow, Ear Training is amazing.
We get to sight sing a hymn and/or a Bach chorale first thing which is great! The chorales are especially cool. Then we read rhythms or sing out of our sight singing books, sometimes we listen to music. A lot of times we transcribe rhythms or melodies. Rarely we have a lecture. It's one of the funnest classes I have. As our final assignment this year we had to transcribe any song we liked and make a lead sheet. I had a difficult time choosing a song but eventually decided on Pink Martini's (Pink Martini is amazing! Please go to their website and listen to some of their stuff!) recording of No Hay Problema. It was pretty fun and Brent seemed to like it a lot. I'm excited because now I'll probably be able to work the rest of it out on piano and play it. I wouldn't have been able to do that at the beginning of the year. See, Ear Training is amazing.



No comments:
Post a Comment