I Believe In Evil Stress Fairies
Firstly, why is that whenever I log onto blogger at school, it's always in kanji? Moving on.
Evil Stress Fairies are out to get me. I can think of no other explanation.
First I incorrectly wrote in my planner that I had a project due today AND Friday and my journalism class. It's only due Friday...
So after freaking out about that last night I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning working on my policy paper proposal for Core 350. I hate that class. I didn't quite finish, so I saved it to my computer to work on in the morning and studied a bit for the analysis portion of my Music History midterm.
So this morning I got up at 6:30 and was in the HUB at 7:30 when I realized that I had forgotten I would need a CD player for the analysis portion of my midterm. My plan had been to pick up the one that I'm not even sure works anymore at my house over fall break, but I had forgotten. So I frantically thought of alternatives. It was too late to ask my housemates if they had one I could borrow, so I emailed Strauch really quick to ask if I could use my laptop (which I had just happened to bring to work on Core stuff) OR possibly transfer it to my iPod, which I had also happened to bring. After an anxious half hour I ran into the man himself and he said laptops were fine. Phew! In fact, over half the class used them.
BUT right before the midterm started I realized I had misplaced my headphones. I thought I had them in my pocket but no. After digging through my backpack and checking the computer lab I finally found them tucked underneath some things I hadn't taken out of my backpack since going to Seattle... Okay. Midterm went fine. Now to finish that Core outline.
I went downstairs, opened my laptop, went to open my email... CRASH! My computer FREAKED OUT! Weird colors, black screen, letters running together to form gibberish weirdness! Great. Now I can't print any of what I was up late last night working on. After 5 attempts to restart my computer, I finally went to my discussion group leader to explain what had happened. She said that if I wanted I could try and get as much of the worksheet done as I could and as long as I turned that in before class was over I'd be fine. Grumbling to the Dixon computer lab I prepared to rewrite my entire assignment. In one last act of rebellion and bitterness I attempted to restart my computer again. It worked just fine.
Can I just say, what the heck?



1 comment:
one of THOSE days. I'm sorry.
Do you think computers could possibly be possessed? It sure seems like they have a mind of their own sometimes. Like when my aunt's computer has an issue and she spends hours trying to figure it out and then she calls her computer nerd friends and he just looks at it and it's find. It just knows better then to mess with a computer nerd.
Then there is my iSight camera that mysteriously won't turn off sometimes. It's like it's looking at me. Creepy. If only they weren't so useful and, now, essential to our lives.
Post a Comment