No, the Weird is Not Over
Okay, I haven't even moved since my last blog post. But I've just found out that the Obama campaign is spending up to $6 million on a 30 MINUTE TV AD. Seriously people? Seriously? Were you and your campaign not satisfied with the fact that you have the press in you pocket? According to this article on the BBC website, Obama has raised "$660m, twice as much as Senator McCain - is being used to flood key states with TV advertising."
"He is likely to spend more than $100m on TV advertising in October alone, more than Senator McCain's entire campaign budget, which is limited to $84m because he opted to accept federal funds."
I mean, is this really necessary? No. Absolutely no! And I'm hoping that it will have the effect that I'm guessing it will have, that is, to turn people off a little bit. The near messianic treatment this guy is getting is going to make me barf. It. Is. Ridiculous. He is just a politician. That is all. He does not even have an impressive track record after his, what, 4 years as Senator? Woohoo. But all he has to do is say the word "change" and people act like he's the pinnacle of the modern statesman. But I really don't understand WHY a 30 minute TV ad is necessary for a politican who's campaign is obviously dominating his opponent's. And WHO is giving his campaign all this money? What is the deal with this guy? Who's back is he scratching that he is able to roll all over everyone like this? That the media grovel at his feet and the McCain campaign seems perpetually cursed? I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I know how politics work. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.



6 comments:
So, this is a combination reply to your three last posts.
Evil stress fairies is a good guess. Though it seems possible that someone slipped your computer some kind of illegal substance, what with the weird colors and gibberish. Sounds rather hippie to me. I’m glad it worked in time so you didn’t have to do the work all over again. P.S. I thought the midterm was before fall break???
I’m glad Brooke is taking your paper back… it seems like she’s bound to give you an A after giving you an A- on a rough draft. P.S. Mary graduated with the President’s cup… she must have gotten an A in 350. I’m sure it’s not impossible, but it is at least helpful to realize that it’s not common, so you don’t have to feel bad about less than an A. And Sweet Taffy is just about the best expression I’ve ever heard.
And oh my goodness. A 30-minute ad? I think you’re right; it will probably turn people off. I mean, seriously, you don’t even get to watch a show or a movie on TV that is 30 minutes uninterrupted.
HALF of the midterm was before fall break. The written questions and listening identification part. The score analysis was today.
And Mary Trotter isn't human.
Re 1: Ah, I see. Well, congrats on finishing the midterm!!
Re 2: You are so right.
"near messianic"? Ha!
"Ha" because you agree with me that it's ridiculous? Or "ha" because Christ was never actually that popular with anyone when he was on earth? Or perhaps "ha" because I misspelled/misused that word? I can think of one other reason, but I'm not sure I can go quite that far.
Post a Comment