A funny thing happened on the way to the blog...
I know it's been a long time, but I've been busy with *gasp* real life! In short...
1. I've gone to many cool music events and recitals. God I love being a music student. And I mean that in the not taking the Lord's name in vain way. There's nothing more, I can't even think of a good word for it, fulfilling? Than seeing your close friends excel at music. And in general. It's been really neat.
2. Hosted another excursion to my house. This time with the Duvall crew. Always tons o' fun.
3. Performed in the spring combo recital and held my own pretty darned well. Keberle complimented me until I was beet red in the face.
4. Won a spelling bee on campus. That was embarrassing. But it was for schools in Kenya. I think. My last word was "lackadaisical."
5. Helped throw a birthday party for Elizabeth that was super fun. Have you ever seen anyone walk around with a happy birthday bag on her head? Most diverting I assure you.
6. Started volunteering at a nursing home. I play piano with another girl. Scheduling hasn't been so great, but I'm hoping to continue this summer because...
7. Got a job at Whitworth for the summer! And 2 of the people I'm working with have been my RD. April from this year, and Leslie-Ann from freshman year.
8. Learned a lot of cool things about music. God I love being a music student.
9. Agonized over the future and whether or not I'm really cut out for arts administration. Or if I really even want to be involved in it or any form of publicity/marketing/journalism. Hmmm.
10. Was majorly stressed out by working for the Whitworthian. I hate deadlines!
11. Was certified in CPR/First Aid. I can save lives! I hope.
12. Read "To Kill a Mockingbird," possibly one of the best books ever written.
13. Watched campus FINALLY throw off the icy grip of winter. The last of the snow has melted!
14. Many more amazing things have happened than I can remember. April has been a very full month. Stressful, but fun. Now it's once again the end of the year. Just think, this time next year I'll be saying goodbye to Whitworth and college life. It's weird to think about, and I can't tell right now if I'll be ready or not. But at the same time I don't really feel like I should be worrying about it. I should be preparing myself of course, but I'm doing that. So we'll see.



No comments:
Post a Comment