The Deep Breath Before the Plunge
It's hard to believe, but there's only 3 weeks left until I'm done with my first year of college. I'd say "it's gone by so fast!" or some such drivel but it really hasn't. Second semester has stepped along fairly quickly, but that only makes up for the endless odyssey that was my first semester at college. I don't think I even realized how drained I was from that until spring semester when I finally had one or two things figured out and didn't have quite such a heavy course load...
So things are already busy in a sense, but I'm going to have a lot less time in the near future. Unfortunately I have to go to combo practice right now, and then I have to practice, and then I have to deal with housing lottery, but I do plan on posting some more today so... er... stay posted.
Alright, so I'm sitting here with a nametag on my wrist (I hate nametags and I figure this way I won't forget to take it off) telling me I have 1 housing points and lottery number of 2667. I'm waiting until 10:00 for housing lottery. I'll tell you all about that situation after it's over. Right now I think I'll waste time reminiscing about my first semester. So, generally freshman don't get to choose who they room with, mainly because they don't know anyone. They do get to choose what dorm they would prefer. I remember being totally lost about which dorm I wanted (hmmmm, that really hasn't changed much) and then using the old standby of my siblings. Why am here in the first place? Because my brother and sister went here and it seemed like a good place. So what dorm did my brother and sister both live in? Only the best (and only all-freshman) dorm on campus, BJ! My sister-in-law tried to tell me that I would hate it, that it was loud and the people would all be scary and outgoing hormone-crazed teenagers who were always all over each other and that it would be miserable. I'm glad I didn't listen to her ;) I've really enjoyed living in "the beej" as it is sometimes referred to. Life in the beej can certainly be exciting, but you're only a freshman in college once! Well, it doesn't get that exciting actually. I'm giving the wrong impression here. It's a dry campus so, while some people do drink, that's not the prevalent atmosphere. Instead, most of the people I know have all the fun acting drunk without actually being drunk. Just think, all of the fun with all of the brain cells!
I always go to bed tomorrow.~My roommate Ally



No comments:
Post a Comment