IMDB Allows for Amazing Connections!
So yes, my amazing discoveries continue. While researching Louis Jourdan movies I came across "The Swan," which stars him and Alec Guinness.
Hmmm, that chap looks familiar I thought. Where have I seen him before? The first Pink Panther movie? No. That was David Niven as Sir Charles Litton.
Let's look at his profile. Aha. Drum roll please. How could I not have realized that he played Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars!? Crazy! Let's take a look at what else he's done...
Adolf Hitler in Hitler: The Last Ten Days. Which is supposedly very good.
Yevgraf in Dr. Zhivago. Which is quite good. By one of the best directors ever to have lived: David Lean.
Prince Feisal in Lawrence of Arabia, another David Lean film.
Col. Nicholson in The Bridge on the River Kwai, another David Lean film.
Father Brown in Father Brown. I'm reading these mysteries right now!!!!!
Aaaannndd Fagin in David Lean's adaptation of Oliver Twist.
That's quite the resume! I officially need to see every single one of those films.



1 comment:
You didn't recognize Alec Guinness? He's one of my favorite actors. He's amazing. If you get a hold of that Father Brown movie, you won't watch it without me will you? I've always wanted to see it.
Post a Comment