Weather or Not
Freakish. That is the one word I have to describe Spokane's current weather pattern. This morning I awoke to "partly cloudy, 50 degrees." This quickly changed to "overcast, 60 degrees." Then, after dinner or so the skies cleared and the sun shone brightly. My friend Amy and I took a leisurely walk up to my future house. It was beautiful! We found Katie there (long story short, we found another roommate for the summer) and she was delighted to see us. So we chatted for a bit and then we noticed thunder. We decided it was time to go and the weather really turned sour. After strong gusts of wind, there was a torrential downpour. Katie decided she would drive us back. It was crazy! We ran as fast as we could into Duvall and were still soaked. Now it has stopped. It snowed on the South Hill yesterday. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
*Note: As we drove through campus in the pouring rain, we noticed that, true to form, the sprinklers were on.
Funny story, I accidentally worked until 6:00 today. I was checking room inventories in Ballard and had no clock. Apparently I was being much more thorough than everybody else because they had finished dinner by the time I got back. I felt pretty dumb, but it's pretty funny regardless. The worst of it is, I'm paid on a stipend, so I don't get any extra money for working late. :-( Oh well. That's life.
I played for my high school's graduation last Saturday. I was really nervous because I didn't manage to get the sheet music until the night before. I did it though. It wasn't perfect, but it didn't suck either. My sight reading is improving! It was strange to be back there and think about the fact that my high school graduation was 3 years ago. The kids graduating were freshmen when I was a senior. I was seeing some of them for the first time in 3 years! It was so weird! And yet, it wasn't as weird as I was expecting. I wasn't really that attached to my high school. I never felt like I really fit there. It wasn't anything like Whitworth. I was generally trying to be somewhere else. If anything the weird part about going back was that it had no terror for me anymore. I didn't have stay there, I didn't have to talk with anyone I didn't want to, I didn't have to do busy work, I wasn't trapped inside those walls for another 5 hours. It was a good feeling.
----------------
Now playing: Oscar Peterson - Lulu's Back in Town



No comments:
Post a Comment