Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jazzed Out

Well, not really. I think that's impossible. But I am extremely tired and it's not over yet! For an idea of what my week has unexpectedly been like, here's a schedule.

Monday - 8:00a.m. - Fitness Programs started! Oh boy... I now have an 8:00am PE class to get to every morning. Lucky me. Afterwards I eat and shower and by the time I'm done it's time for...

10:40a.m. - Core 250! The lecture was on Kant. Forrest lectured. He's pretty much my favorite of the core team, so that was good. I was also reminded at this point that we had a test on Wednesday. Yep, definitely didn't study for that over my "laid-back" weekend.

noon - I can't remember. Possibly lunch. Probably finishing up the homework for Financial Accounting.

1:00 - Conducting.

2:00 - Financial Accounting. We have a project due Wednesday. Woohoo.

3:00 - I don't even remember this until 8:00p.m. when I had rehearsal with my combo.

Tuesday - 9:00a.m. - Radio. Hurray. I get to play "music" I hate with a few exceptions.

11:00a.m. - Radio's done. I study for my test tomorrow for an hour. Then I have a meeting with a fellow accounting student and we try to hammer out our project but I have to leave at 1:30.

1:30p.m. - Jazz lessons. We look over Jazz 1 tunes as I'm more concerned about that rehearsal.

2:00 - I practice until 3:30, then I pray that my first Jazz 1 rehearsal will go well.

3:30 - It doesn't.

5:00 - I run back to my dorm and try to orientate myself before...

5:30 - Radio class.

6:00 - Get ready for combo concert.

6:15 - dinner with the fam. I haven't eaten since 9:00 in the morning.

8:00 - It's go time. The combo concert is on. I could have done better, but I was happy to see everyone who came.

9:00 - 1:00a.mish - Homework/study for core test.

Wednesday - 8:00a.m.! - Fitness Programs! We did fitness testing. Push-ups, sit-ups, sit and reach, and a 12 minute run.

9:30 -breakfast/last-minute study session

10:40 -
Core test

Noon - practice piano

1:00 - Conducting. We got out early so I grabbed a quick lunch of champions. PB&J, veggies, and a double-shot espresso.

2:00 - financial accounting

3:00 - I pretty much practiced until 6:30, there was a 30 minute break in there somewhere, and I may not have started until 3:30 or 4:00 because all the practice rooms were full. I sat in the hall and waited until somebody left. I feel kind of stupid having to practice for that long, but at the same I'd only had one rehearsal and I had about six or so tunes to learn.

6:30 - Jazz 1 rehearsal number 2. This one went marginally better. Now if I can just improve that much over again by tomorrow night I might do alright at the performance.

7:00 - More practicing.

7:30 - Dinner. A bowl of cereal and a glass of water because saga is closed.

8:00 - Home again home again and with zero ambition to do anything productive until I've had a good night's sleep.

No comments: