Housing Lottery Take 2
I thought I'd take a break from my anime obsession (kind of) to inform you that this blog has officially been around for a year. Wow. If you scroll way back into the depths of worthless ramblings you will find a post about Housing Lottery last year. It was craziness. This year was too, but mostly because I couldn't figure out where to live until the last minute.
1. FIRST I thought Katrina and I (at least I had a roommate set up) could live off-campus. But that becomes difficult when she's in France and you have to look for the apartment by yourself. It just wasn't a responsbility I felt was safe to take on my own shoulders.
2. So I thought we'd go for a theme house, the next best thing. Well, first we had to find at least one other person to theme house with us. We did find 2 other people, which changed to one other person, and then back to 2 other people, and I actually submitted our proposal but we didn't get the house. I wasn't too surprised.
3. SO then one of our people still needed a roommate so we decided on a triple in Ballard. Well, she found another roommate so we were down to
4. a double in Ballard. Except then I got approached by a group of 4 other girls who wanted to go for a...
5. 6-person pod in Duvall. Okay. So that was the plan until the night of housing lottery, when I found out there had been some miscommunication and they were going for Boppell instead. *blinks* Okay, Katrina and I will just...
6. go for Ballard again. Except... The girls who were going for Boppell ended up in Duvall. And so did my other prospective theme house people and a lot of other people I know. Okay... Well, it's really far from the music building but it sounds like a bunch of fun.
7. A double in Duvall it is! Whew.
The actual lottery went pretty well since Katrina and I are both upperclassmen. We had 7 housing points together (I got to wear her nametag as well as mine, which felt a little strange). I was actually first in line at housing lottery! FIRST. It was so weird after all the stress last year. It meant I actually had to make a decision, which was really difficult without Katrina's input. I finally decided on a room in the basement and I've heard that's a good floor. So in the end everything worked out and I'm really looking forward to next year! I still have to contend with this year though... Only 2 more weeks until finals! Gaaackkk!



No comments:
Post a Comment